Monday, September 26, 2011

I smoke, drink, & swear.

After all is said and done at the end of the day, what does all that matter. Not that I really do much of any of those, but I suppose I am in a controversial mode the last while.

 Been thinkin, yah know, about how society thinks they can deem what makes a man a man, how people can tell you you had better attend church if you are a christian, and you better mind yer P's and Q's. I tell my kids to mind theirs, but mostly cuz I don't want them to go through that whole stage of feelin judged by society. In truth, I don't think a lot of it really matters in the bigger picture; the "God view", if you will. Love God and love others rights? So why must we take that to mean that we need to be Sunday Christians? I am personally tired of the "pay yer tithe, and give above and beyond if you want to be blessed" speech. I don't want to get into the semantics, but lets just say I don't personally think it has a biblical leg to stand on. And the heart of a man cannot be judged by the little habits he has. Not sayin they are a good thing, but sometimes I just want to tell people to grow up and take the log out of their own eye. This isn't an easy world to live in, thats a fact, and if a man needs a few vices to get him through the day, who the hell are we to judge?

Love,
Your raging son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home